The term ‘aphrodisiac’ is derived from the Greek word of Aphrodite, the Greek Goddess and can be described anything which causes someone to become sexually aroused. The aphrodisiacs can be foods, or some are herbal plants which can be edible or in a form of essential oil that can be turned into scents, however, in any case, it has been used a lot in helping to get couples in the mood for sex with ultimate pleasure and enjoyment.
In this article, let us look at some of the natural aphrodisiacs that you can use and introduce to your partner which will ensure that you will have a very good night.
Men naturally does not require necessarily to take in aphrodisiacs, because sex itself for them is already a potent aphrodisiac if they are completely healthy and young considering that majority of men who has a lower libido may have an illness or is already old of age, while some have something to do with stress and vices like alcohol and cigarette smoking.
If you are wondering what kind of foods and substances that are effective aphrodisiacs or associated with arousing a person then, you should continue reading this article from selfgrowth.com.
- Red meat- According to many, red meat is a very effective aphrodisiac which causes men to produce more testosterone in their bodies. Testosterone, the male hormone is known to enhance their libido aside from providing other health benefits like toned muscles, increased metabolic rate, and improved mood.
- Alcoholic drinks- Well, alcohol is known not just to intoxicate your body making you drunk, but there are types of alcohol like tequila, whiskey, and other spirits are known to make your body warmer. If your body is warmer, it also tends to increase your libido. For women, beer is known to produce more estrogen to them which is the female hormone that is also associated with effective as an aphrodisiac.
- Spicy food- Of course spicy food will make your body temperature hotter, you sweat harder, and your heart pounds even harder as well. You all know when your body temperature increases, so as your tendency to become more aroused. The explanation of why spicy foods are associated as a great aphrodisiac is that it triggers the release of all manner of your endorphins, which is known as the happy hormones.
- Oysters- When it comes to aphrodisiacs, oysters are considered as the original libido booster. Although it sounds very stereotype, oysters have a lot more reason why it should be considered as a good aphrodisiac because it contains higher zinc and magnesium. These two minerals are known to produce more testosterone. Oysters are a big help in replenishing a man’s testosterone level when they eat it frequently.
- Bananas- Fruits and vegetables are long been known as natural aphrodisiacs. Bananas are known to contain high levels of dopamine which is the reward chemical in our brain that also triggers a person to get aroused.
- Chocolates- If you ever wonder why a lot of people buys chocolates as a gift during Valentine’s Day then, you now know probably why because chocolates, particularly the dark type of it triggers our body to release oxytocin, a hormone that increases the libido of a person. This will make your body feel warmer and sets your mood for lovemaking.